Here are some projects, student wants to do in his/her final year. The title and a short summery is given for each project. If students have any inquiry regarding projects, They can e-mail me or go to comments section and write comment on this website. I will reply.
The Final Year projects are as under:
1. Electronic meters for power calculation of electricity consumption.
Electronic meters compared to traditional mechanical solutions in use offer several additional advantages to the utility market. The main components of this project would be microcontroller at89s51(8051 family microcontroller any),adc0809,Temperature sensor LM35,Current sensing transducer, Voltage transducer, LCD display (LED display may also be used), switches etc.
2.Electronic meters for volume calculation of Gas consumption.
This is also utility meter and can be develop to replace conventional mechanical meter with electronics meter. The main components in this projects would be, Micro-controller At89s51 (8051 family microcontroller any),ADC0808 or adc0809, Temperature sensor like LM35 or LM235 or LM335, flow transducer, and displays LCD or LED seven segment display can also be used.
3.Biometrics Digital Signal Processing Project.
Biometrics is the technology used to analyze biological data. Its most recent application in the area of security. where the biological data of a person is used for personal identification and authentication before the person is allowed to proceed to enter a building or do any business transactions. Before this Electronics was used in Medical science also to develop medical equipments for testing and diagnostics, Bioengineering equipments etc, now electronics is being used in security also. In this project , micro-controller will be used for processing and some sensors will be used for biomedical parameters measurements, finally electronics lock and door will be control through the micro-controller. We can use micro-controller At89s52 or any 8051 family micro-controller.
Now a days Bluetooth Technology is growing more rapidly due to rapid data share with proper security and safety. Its most common use is with mobile phones (cell fone) and Laptops for data communication and control. Bluetooth technology is a radio frequency short range communications technology that was created with the intention of replacing wired cables that are used to connect various portable and fixed devices. In this regard, before blue tooth infrared technology was being used but bluetooth has replaced the old infrared technology almost due to its problem.
USB2.0 Card Reader Design Project
To communicate other devices with PC, the computer were installed with parallel ports at the first. Then serial ports takes the place of parallel ports, now a days USB is being used with all new computer and in very short time it will replace both parallel ports and serial ports. Because it has many built in features and advantages over other two.This project provides a reference USB2.0 Card Reader design with schematics and source codes for Compact flash, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo, Magic Gate, Secure Digital, Multimedia Card and Smart Media.
Sensor-less Brush-less DC Motor Control Project
With the invention of wheel in the world, whole the progress become possible, similarly the motors are the essential parts of modern world, in every field they are being used. Like industry can not run without the Motors, etc. If we look in industry, many types of motor came and even some type of motor are available now a days. The motors are, AC motors, DC motors, and sub types of these two motors. The main issue among the use of motors is speed control.At some stage synchronization is also an issue for motors.
This project provides the application notes on the control of 3 phase sensor-less brush-less DC Motor.
Digital Clock and Temperature Display
Every one want to now the time, and it is possible with Time clocks. Although clocks are available in markets but to develop your own time clock with electronics components is always an attracting work.
Project digital clock and temperature display. All digits 2.3" 7-segment alternate display between time and temperature.In this project LED Seven segment display and Micro-controller At89s51 or any 8051 family micro-controller will be used.
Control stepping motor via USB interface
This is an example that demonstrate how to use Microchip custom USB driver in Delphi 6 for communication with PIC18F4550. Stepper motors are also very important in motion control projects or motion control works, and USB is also an advanced tool for communication. By combining these two (stepper motor and USB), we can make an interesting project. Main components being used in this projects will be PIC 18f4550, Stepper motor, stepper motor controllers, power transistors, interfaces etc.
2.3" Digital thermometer
Digital thermometers are necessary tool used in hospitals and is continuously replacing the old mercury type manual thermometers. 3-digits digital thermometer rank 0.0-99.5'C @accuracy 0.5 'C CPU PIC16F628 , You can use any other PIC microcontroller as well, if you are interested in using 8051 Micro-controller then separate ADC will be used. LM35 temperature sensor is enough for both the cases.
3 Channel IR remote control
This project use Philips RC5 Protocol to control anything via IR remote.
- SMS Based Device Switching
- IR Remote Switch Using TV Remote
- Data Acquisition System Using 8051
- Control Your PC with TV Remote
- Electronic Voting Machine
- Home Automation Over Internet
- Graphical Temperature Recorder
- Frequency Counter Using AT89C2051
- Simple Digital Voltmeter Using 8051
- Password Based Door Locking
- Auto Control of Induction Motor
- One Touch Electrical Appliances
- Construction of microcontroller based Touchscreen Mobile Phone with Password protected features
- Android Smart Phone based Home Automation.
- MEMS Accelerometer based tilt operated Graphical LCD and memory stick based textbook reading system.
- Evaluation of the tongue drive system by individuals with high-level spinal cord injury
- Triac and optically isolated diac based electrical oven temperature monitoring and controlling system with zero-crossing detector.
- Voice Operated Guidance Systems for Vision Impaired People. (Speech Recognition, Voice Guidance, Ultrasonic Obstacle sensor and GPS Receiver).
- GSM based Irrigation Water Pump Controller for Illiterates. (No Mobile phone operation knowledge required)
- Implementation of location based advertisement system using GPS and Graphical LCD.
- Innovative keyboard construction with only one input pin.
- Graphical LCD and Memory stick (MMC/SD card) based textbook reading system.
- Mobile phone controlled four-legged walking robot with speed and direction control.
- Digital vehicle speedometer with password enabled speed limit setting.
- Microcontroller based digital clock with Graphical LCD and Sanskrit font (or Any regional font) Numbers.
- Infrared (IR) remote controlled Muscle Stimulator with duration and intensity control.
This project is designed to make home automation easy to control when a user is not at home. The project is designed to allow easy use of a mobile phone to control appliances in the home. Using a mobile phone the development of the control system will be carried out using SMS. This will communicate with another mobile phone, which in turn controls the devices attached to microcontroller modules. When the action has been carried out then a response is sent to the user. The project involves three main areas, research, development\programming, testing and the writing of the report.
RFID BASED SECURITY CUM ATTANDENCE SYSTEMRFID is short for Radio Frequency Identification. Generally a RFID system consists of 2 parts. A Reader, and one or more Transponders, also known as Tags. RFID systems evolved from barcode labels as a means to automatically identify and track products and people.
- Water level controller using Microcontroller 8051.
- Traffic light control using Microcontroller 8051.
- Horizontal motion of conveyor belt using limit switches using Microcontroller 8051.
- Bottling plant with counter using Microcontroller 8051.
- Lift control using Microcontroller 8051.
- Using Atmel 89C51 to blink LED with 0.5 Hz frequency.
- Using Atmel 89C51 to interface a switch and 8 LED for binary UP counter when switch is closed and pause the counter when switch is open.
- Using Atmel 89C51 to generate triangular with period of 1 ms.
- Using Atmel 89C51 for frequency counter to display frequency in 2 digits on SSD.
- Using Atmel 89C51 for stepper motor direction control using a switch.